GoPro Hero 6 vs Hero 7 - Image Stabilization

ray .

Hi folks

I've been looking at reviews of GoPro and apparently the biggest supposed difference between GoPro Hero 6 and the newest model Hero 7 is that the latter has better stabilization, almost as if the camera had a built in gimbal.

I'm not sure though if this is relevant unless you are shooting at 4K and/or highest frame rate. Others have suggested that Hero 6 is just as good with stabilization if you're not shooting at the highest frame rate. (I'm mostly a beginner with video, so this factor is mostly new to me).

It's also been suggested that the improved stabilization might be just a matter of updating firmware for the Hero 6.

Anyone have knowledge or opinion on these issues, or if spending $120 more for the Hero 7 is worth it?

I would be using the camera for motion situations on bicycle or shooting from my car, so good stabilization is something I definitely want.

Thanks in advance...

Since there are a lot of reviews complaining about bugs with the newest GoPro, I’m considering the Yi 4K camera, and a gimbal.

On this thread if anyone can suggest a gimbal and mounting strategy for car and/or bike, I’d appreciate it. Thanks