GoPro Hero 6 vs Hero 7 - Image Stabilization

Discussion in 'Video' started by ray ., Apr 2, 2019.

1. Hi folks

I've been looking at reviews of GoPro and apparently the biggest supposed difference between GoPro Hero 6 and the newest model Hero 7 is that the latter has better stabilization, almost as if the camera had a built in gimbal.

I'm not sure though if this is relevant unless you are shooting at 4K and/or highest frame rate. Others have suggested that Hero 6 is just as good with stabilization if you're not shooting at the highest frame rate. (I'm mostly a beginner with video, so this factor is mostly new to me).

It's also been suggested that the improved stabilization might be just a matter of updating firmware for the Hero 6.

Anyone have knowledge or opinion on these issues, or if spending $120 more for the Hero 7 is worth it?

I would be using the camera for motion situations on bicycle or shooting from my car, so good stabilization is something I definitely want.

Thanks in advance...

2. / / /

3. Since there are a lot of reviews complaining about bugs with the newest GoPro, I’m considering the Yi 4K camera, and a gimbal.

On this thread if anyone can suggest a gimbal and mounting strategy for car and/or bike, I’d appreciate it. Thanks