Goodwill Hunting and Awesome Finds!

Andy Collins

<p>Until the last few days my searches for used cameras had been at an all-time low, and I hadn't really found anything outstanding. Yes, I've found plenty of stuff on Ebay but not at the flea markets or at Goodwill. Within the last week however, I did manage to find a couple of very nice cameras at unbelievable prices. I found both this Olympus Stylus Epic for a whopping $2.99 and the Yashica T4 Super in the box with all of the original paperwork for a grand total of $3.99! The T4 looks new (although it has dust particles on it in the picture) and works perfectly. Even the manual is in excellent condition. The Stylus Epic is also in excellent condition with just superficial marks on it. I've heard so many good things about the Yashica but could not really justify the prices they usually command, so to get one for practically nothing is a dream! Here are the cameras...</p><div>00a3Gr-444825584.jpg.de98effe18fa57feea926c955a081c25.jpg</div>

<p><strong>Rick</strong>--I hope to have some pics soon. I'm eager to see what the T4 can do since I have read so much about it. I've had a lot of Stylus Epics over the years so I know how great a camera it is.</p>

<p><strong>Mike</strong>--I'd love to see some shots from your Stylus Epic. It's a fun camera to use.</p>

<p><strong>David</strong>--Keep looking; you'll find that super deal when you least expect to. Our Goodwill used to have far more cameras than what they do now. There are some days when they don't have a single camera on the shelves, not even the cheapo models.</p>

<p>The T4 is a real find! The Stylus not so much. I passed a lot of those during my thrift shop forays and pretty much every flavor of Stylus from the original I've run across, and most are pristine. I was too much into getting SLR equipment to consider an autofocus camera.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote>

<p>Our Goodwill never has cameras, at least there not shown, inside trading:^) I have found a few at yard sales but even they are rarer.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I find Goodwill hunting to be labor intensive and depressing (you have to go to Goodwill). The yard sale thing is pretty low yield as well. I lie in bed awake at night thinking about the Hasselblad's and Rollie's that must be selling for pennies at yard and estate sales that I don't know about, but the sheer amount of effort it would take to get these killer deals negates the cost savings. I would check out the Goodwill in your area a few times to see if they occasionally get quality stuff in, but I would not spend years driving to a Goodwill just to be disappointed... especially at these gas prices.</p>