Good sharp lens for Olympus M10 Mark II (~12-50mm range)

chris_bassett1

<p>Can anyone suggest a good, sharp, lens for the M10 Mark II that covers approximately 12mm - 50mm. The kit lens I have (which is the 14-42mm) is not all that great in my opinion--images look a little soft, even when on a tripod so it's not related to camera shake. <br>

I will mainly use this camera for street photography so I'd like a lens that can fit that role. Doesn't have to be an Olympus lens, but I would like the AF to work.</p>

I agree with Kenneth. Either of these two lenses if you are seeking a higher quality zoom and can afford to pay the price. Which will be about three to four times the actual price of the kit lens you now have. It is not unusual for a normal range zoom of high quality and fixed f stop to exceed your camera price. But as a good purchase it pays off. Or just get the 20mm 1.7 II, a sharp Panasonic lens which will also satisfy as an all round winner for much less. Happy trails.

I use the 12-40 and 40-150 pro lenses. I think they are as good as any zooms (and some primes) as any I have used over many years of

photography. I also have the Panasonic 20 Gerry mentioned. Also very nice. I use an M10 first version and an M1.