Good lab for scanning 2¼" transparencies

<p>I picked up a few boxes of developed 2¼" Ektachromes from the 1960s at a garage sale. There are some nice landscapes in there, as well as neat street scenes of NYC from that era. I'd like to have high-res scans made. Can anyone recommend a professional scanning service for medium format? I don't want to spend a mint, but I'd like to get scans good enough to have enlargements made up for framing.</p>
Jeffrey L. T. von Gluck

<p>By the time you spend money on scanning lots of trannies you might be just as well buying a scanner and doing it yourself. It does take time and patience but the results can justify it.</p>

<p>There are lots of 120n scanners available, both new and used, on the market and all do a pretty good job. My scanner is about 10 years old and still provides acceptable results. Question is, do you have the time as opposed to the money? Good luck.</p>

<p>I think that your best bet is pro scanning and bite the bullet regarding the costs especially as there are only 6 or so. I would normally scan to TIF at about 50Mb file size which is ok for reproduction or printing. The costs should not be too steep but the results from chromes are worth it. </p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p> </p>

Dale Laboratories Hollywood Florida. I am just now looking at their scan costs. Then can develop and print 6X6 6X7 6x45. etc and give a CD or DVD of negatives or transparencies. Also you can supply them negative or transparency and they will scan it for you onto CD or DVD (archival) for 7.50 ea <50 $6.50 ea (51-100) $5.50 (101-999) and $5.00 ea for 1000+

Appx. 15 MB scans 4700 x 4700 for 6x6 or 5900 x 4800 from 6x7 This is for "Medium Resolution JPEG files. If you want "High Resolution" Pro Scans they are saved as TIFF files All this is right in the price sheet and mailers they just sent me.

Plus , they develop color and B&W and print or develop only and you can order a CD of the developed images.Picture CD at the time is $18.00 in 120 film. $23.00 for 220 film. Got any questions you can call them at 800-327-1776 Their website: https://www.dalelabs.com/iprints_welcome.html

No, I don't work for them, I am just passing this on to anyone.. ANYONE interested in their services. Great prices from my brochure and mailer I got in the mail.

Vern