Good deal on bulk loaders here

For any bulk loader folks in the group, there is fellow with an ebay

auction <a

href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=629&item=7518513051&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW">HERE</a>

that has three brand new Prinz loaders left. I bought one last week.

Brand new in the box. They're the old Lloyd style, and he's selling

them cheap. $13.00 including shipping, and he ships fast. I don't

know him, just passing on info on a good deal.

Dean:

I just got one of these for free that I found in the bottom of a box in my sister-in-laws' darkroom (lights on obviously). I was just about to order a bag of cartrdges and some film, but I'll ask here, what kind of 35mm cartridges do you use & where do you get them?

I get re-usable cartridges from B&H, Freestyle, or most other photo suppliers. Using cassettes that your local mini lab discards works well too.

I've never had trouble with scratches on the negs. I blow off the felt with a quick shot of canned air before rolling the film.

I just bought 2 used LLoyds loaders from my lab, am awaiting new handles for them.

I also went ahead and order some bulk film from an eBayer who apears to be moving huge amounts of film.

I did a BIN for $54 for 4 long (17mm) of Pan F Plus plus 100' of Tri-X Pan, 35mm all of it, of course. The guy's got some bad feedback, mostly slow shipment, mixed up shipments, etc. I paid immediately, sent him an email stating that I was willing to give him one chance to earn my trust - my film arrived yesterday with TWO extra rolls of Pan F Plus thrown in. Now, if my damned handles will show up....

All the film is within 6 months of expiry.

Ive been told to use Kalt film cans - anybody else using these?

Dean - got yer e-mail BTW, you are most welcome and I am glad you liked the package contents.

The Kalts on sale at my lab are the metal kind. Am told these are better/best. My LLoyd's handles should be in soon and I will pick up some film cannisters and I guess I should.... wait, no need for a changing bag, the loader is ok in light. I can load the loader under a blanket, just like I load my reels for dev. Speaking of which, I got three rolls to soup right this moment.

Later.

I use just about any kind of cassettes I can lay me hands on. After intense study and much cussin' and throwin', I have come to the conclusion that the Kalt metal snap cap cassettes are about as good as they come. Cheap enough to send to mail order color labs that never return them, too. If there was a one hour lab within 50 miles of here, I would be using discards.