goldmine

a couple of weeks ago i posted some images of a couple of leicas that i wanted to identify.

thanks for all the info...

to cut a long story short a widow has a bunch of cameras that her husband owned and she

wants to sell them all. i don't know the woman personally but was introduced to her

through a friend and i went to her house today and had a look at his collection.

there is one especially that i'd like to identify as i can't find any info about it on the net

anywhere. also included are some pictures of some of the collection. a few close friends

also gathered at the house and today an m6 with 50/2, R7 with 50/?, nikon S3, old

contaxt, nikon 801, and M3 with 50/2 were sold. actually i think some were given away as

they were close friends...

now, personally i bought the M6. she doesn't seem to mind going to a shop to sell the

items but rather unload the cameras in a more personal way...

i bought some of the items home and i will either buy them myself or sell them on her

behalf. i bascially bought back the ones that i know a bit about and left everything else

there... here's what i got. if anyone is interested please let me know.

M6J almost complete, (no wooden display box, strap or lens hood), but the 50 elmar is

there. (1971-15). has all documents etc. a leitz minolta CL with minolta rokkor 40mm/2.

konica hexar rf limited edition box set, fully complete (50/1.2), all cases and lens hood

etc. no manual. and lastly a silver 90mm summicron-m (non ASPH). all in amazing mint

condition.

also there is a M5 with a canon 50/f0.95. i am interested in the value of the lens - i may

buy that myself. i would be very grateful if you could help me out with any information on

these cameras. i want to be able to give her some numbers so she knows what to expect

from a shop. thanks in advance.

the nazi one is probably a fake. the last 2 are a 111g, very valuable. The body goes for grand depending on condition. the lens not sure. looks like a collapsable cron, maybe 3-500 hundred. if that 111g is mint let me know, I might be interested. thanks

I'm not sure where you are located, but every large city worldwide has an agent for Christie's, Sotheby's, Antiquorum, aution houses located therein. Call them up, or just email them your pictures and I am certain they will be happy to go to the lady's house and give her a world-price estimate of what the lot will bring at auction.

In that way you will assist her in getting current market pricing for all of her husband's collection.

Let me correct something here.

The last camera is NOT a IIIg unless you know of one without the small brightline finder window.

The last camera is a IIIf RD ST (RD stands for red dial which the red flash timer numbers under the shutter speed dial can clearly be seen and of course the ST stands for Self timer which is the lever to the left of the slow spd dial on the front of the camera. Value would depend on working condition. But a ball park for the body alone would be $550.00 to 600.00)

And yes the second to the last one is a IIIg the bodies will run anywhere from $1100.00 to a shop price as high as $1500.00 The lens on this body appear to be a 5cm f2.8 Elmar but interestingly the lettering on the retaining ring is backwards compared to mine.

I would agree that the lens on the IIIf RD ST is most likely a collapsable Summicron But I have no experiance with the lens to be sure only know it is not an Elmar

The only other lens that is similar is the collapsible Summitar, but it has slightly different aperture markings: f/2.2, f/3.2, f/4.5, etc, even though the maximum is f/2.0. It is also slightly longer, and takes a different filter diameter. (Though this would hardly be noticed on a photo if it.)