gobbledygook in my workspace

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by somefrank, Aug 20, 2009.

1. I signed in and tried to use MY WORKSPACE to post some photos but all I got was a bunch of symbols. To show you what I mean I copied a sample of this gobbledygook from this forum page, and when I tried to paste it here, to show you, this is what I got, like a "gobbledygook" translation: "Rude or unhelpful posts will be deleted. Threads that don't fit the "beginner" designation will be moved to a more appropriate forum."
    I few days ago when I signed up for the service, I downloaded an image, even got some helpful image criticism on, but I deleted it to work on it some more, and now I seem to be locked out, or at least getting some kind of code language.
    Thanks for you help.
    Frank

2. Take a deep breath and try to describe what happened and how.
    I can't make heads or tails out of your post as it is. For example, you say you "downloaded" an image and got comments. Do you mean uploaded ?
    Anyhow, welcome to Photo.net. It generally works pretty well, once you figure out its little tricks.

3. Frank –
    Not sure what OS your using or your environment, but if you’re using a Windows box, try the basics i.e.: clear your temps, clear your cache, defrag, scan disc, ensure your browser/java/flash is up to date, maybe even try a different web browser. If using a Mac, try deleting and recreating your preferences (if they still do that, my experience is with ver 7-9). Sometimes just simply rebooting can fix some issues.
    Best Regards,
    Jack

4. It can help in resolving the problem if you can provide a screen capture and attach it to this discussion.
    The automated message you described is typical for every discussion forum. Each forum has guidelines for posting and participating.
    As of this moment, this thread to which I'm replying is the only activity recorded on photo.net since you've joined so I'm unable to offer any more specific suggestions. I'm not seeing any record of previous discussions or submissions to the critique system.