Gitzo GT2840C Basalt (like carbor fiber) Tripod w/ Linhof Profi 2 ballhead

ChrisSpeaker

Up for sale is my Gitzo GT2840C Series 2 Basalt Tripod. This is a excellent and extremely light weight compact solution for your camera support needs. Tripod has 3 extension legs which operate by a twist of the lock. Also it features a extendable center column which can add to the height. Tripod also has a feature that allows you to pull out a tab which allows the legs to lay almost flat for low to the ground pictures.

Tripod is mint in box condition w/ instructions, tool kit, and 2 extra rubber feet.

Ballhead is the Linhof Profi 2. This item has never frozen up on me under just about and shooting condition. It allows for uniform friction throughout its range of motion whos pressure is adjusted via the inner dial. This allows for compensation of camera weight. I have used this ballhead with everything from a Toyo 4x5C view camera to a 35mm DSLR and it has always performed.

Head is in ex+++ condition due to some cosmetic wear around the locking knob. Includes box and original instructions.

Mounted to the ballhead is a Linhof Quick Release adapter that uses Linhof style and branded plates. This system, I believe, is superior to the Arca-Swiss style plates because it is faster to mount and unmount that they are. Just snap the plate into the release and it locks automatically and your done. Turn a lever and it's undone. This is the version without the bubble levels.

The quick release adapter is in (Mint-) condition due to a slightest evidence of where the plates snap in. Includes original box and original tool.

4 Quick release plates are included with the action. One has a 3/8 screw and the other 3 have a 1/4" screw. Included is the original 1/4" screw for the other plate since they are interchangeable.

Plates are in Ex+ condition.

All items I am original owner of.

Shipping is via USPS Priority Mail insured which is FREE to USA only. International please contact me and I will consider your offer on a case by case basis.

Payment by PayPal only. I'll pay fees.

Contact for pictures.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...