Gilles Villeneuve

tom_bourely

Sure!! I think his photographic work was strictly familiar-personal, and I don't think there is any place that show it. Howewer, I mentioned this fact as a interesting curiosity for both photo&racing lovers. Instead, what He, the "Aviatore" (flying-man, we called him so in Italy) did in his Ferrari 126... is still in the heart of all racing-lovers... I'm italian, so I'm really happy what Schumi is doing, but the heart is still with Gilles, Ayrton, Nigel... and I think will be so for the rest of my life.

Ah, Jay, by the way, congratulation for the photo, I've noticed and appreciated it in another thread, is so beatiful and, seen now, reminds a sense of nostalgia for the Battles on the tracks, and for the Heroes who made them, against the computer-eccleston-valerian-playing-kids of today...

The volume titled "Gilles Villeneuve: Life of a legendary racing driver" by Gerald Donaldson is a must-read. I remember desperately chasing a copy when it first came out in 1989 but hell, it was worth all the effort as it is truly compelling - probably one of the best driver biogs out there.

Love the shot, Jay - really brings a grin to my face! :-) Wish F1 was like that these days...

• 2 months later...

Hello Tom,

Never heard about Gilles being a photographer, but I can find out from some of his family members if he really was and if there is something left from his work.

I invite you to visit my web site : www.villeneuvef1.com

The site is being tested right now and should be fully operational in 4 weeks.

Is there anyone who would like to share his/her pictures of Gilles? I can put them up on my web site.

Regards from Canada

Guy<div>009onT-20080384.thumb.jpg.7da67fd2c1f2d40d57adaf510fda31de.jpg</div>