GHQ

bdp

GHQ is a publisher for wedding and event photographers.

Similar to the way that newspapers publish wedding announcements, GHQ enables

photographers to make wedding announcements on their clients behalf.

All the photographer has to do is use the "post announcement" page, to enter the simple

details of the wedding and post one or two quality photo's.

It is a new concept and will take some time to develop and fill with content.

The benefit to the clients is that their friends and family who may be interstate or abroad

can see the announcement and photo's without delay.

The announcement can, if the photographer wishes, link through to the photographers

own web-site.

The benefit to the photographer is that they can display their work and obtain full credit

and referral links. This is not currently possible via the newspapers or newspaper web

sites.

There are other facilities such as congratulations and a gallery facility for each

photographer.

And how do they plan on making money? I am always dubious of anything without a clear source of income! Especially when they've paid big bucks for a three letter domain and sponsership!

The aim of GHQ is to be a service to photographers and their public. It is not about

money and big bucks. I apologize if the site gives that impression.

Perhaps I should illustrate how it started. I have been fascinated with the computer since

1982 and the internet since 1994, seeing both as a fabulous way of being creative and

allowing communication amongst people worldwide. I acquired the domain name in 2000

and since then have been experimenting with various communication methods on the

internet.

In March 2006, I met Steve Landers and he added some fabulous creative and

programming skills and the site is a result. We hope that it becomes a central point where

all photographers can now post news direct to the world, if they or their clients so wish.

Money and big bucks: It is not a plan to make money per se other than that required to

keep the service going for ever. I acquired the domain name in 2000 for a very reasonable

sum of money. The sponsorship of the domain is a cost, however it is the best way of

getting our message out to photographers. Please evaluate the service and help us to get

it going. Please be assured that their is no hidden catch, charges or anything of a dubious

nature to the service.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the feedback on the site from the community at photo.net .

The feedback recommended that we increased the value to the photographer.

Firstly by increasing the visibility and credit to the photographer for each announcement.

Secondly by eliminating the "ads" beside the announcements. Thirdly by simplifying the site

and eliminating confusion as to what it is about.

We will implement all those changes this week. Many thanks for your contributions.