Generic Accessories

I wonder how many others have had unpleasant experiences using these

adaptors, caps etc. Mine are:

1) A clip in 39mm front lens cap which is deep enough to touch the

glass of early collapsible Summicrons, and maybe others. I told them

about this but they are continuing to sell what look like the same

items.

2) A screw-to-M adaptor with wrongly machined face, making it

useless. Have just emailed the Co. that sells these.

Adrian.

I didn't run into such stuff yet. OTOH I'm really dissapointed of the poor performance of a current 39mm snap-on cap on B+W filters. - Is this the sales argument for Leica filters? - Wish I could find something to make a reliable makeshift cap from.

Jochen Schrey: If you are the doityourself type you can find all kinds of throwaway junk that will, or can be adapted to fit many lenses. Here is a cap made from the lid to a jar of cayenne pepper from McCormicks. I also have some black ones. I like the red one because I don't forget to remove it before exposure. This one in particular fits the 42mm bezel of several Leica lenses as well as some Zeiss and Jupiters. A little imagination as well as investigation will often yeild a solution to an accessory problem at little or no cost other than some effort.<div>00G4t4-29471584.jpg.7143fd5a5a67fe771458e060e95a9a80.jpg</div>

Point with the lens cap was, really, that someone could buy a clip in cap that actually damages a Summicron front lens element instead of protecting it.

And with the adaptor, half a film of exposures was lost. (this supplier has answered email)

Moral is: beware no-name accessories. OK, I know, - you could have told me that in the first place.