General overview of different Fuji cameras in 500-700$ price range

Hi,

I started exploring online looking at Fuji's cameras. I love the retro look they have, and the photos from them seem impressive. However there seems to be too many options. I'm not sure if I'm actually getting one, just curious. I don't want to really spend more than 700$ (lens included). Of course, I'm fine with anything cheaper as long as it is still good.

Hello everyone. Please consider purchasing a "Previously Owned" set. In Feb I jumped into the mirrorless fray after 40+ years of 8x10 thru Minox cameras. . no regrets! I purchased a Fuji XE-1 from one of the USA larger brick & mortar stores (via the web). The primary kit lens, the XC 16-50, was from a fellow .Net'r in the Classified section, and a bit later the XC 50-230 lens from a well recommended Japan based seller on Ebay. Total cost for this lot was just pushing your $700 mark with the postage. What ever camera you purchase, get a second (or third) battery for the camera. Fuji batteries are on Ebay for 1/2 the OEM cost. My 75 yo eyes do not do well with the tiny user manuals, so for less than $20, I purchased a three ring binder sized manual. For under $20 you will find adapters for various prime 35mm lenses. .my Jupiter-8 on the XE-1 is a fav. 822772480_Data-XE-1J8DSCF7431ces26.JPG.652d84feb007c57ad056d3a7eb8731e4.JPG Another "must have" odd bit for me is a neck strap with quick-off clips. Aloha, Bill

Will be hard to find a lens and a camera in your price range. Like c_watson said the XT-100 is a good price and you can get inexpensive adaptors to use lenses you may already have. However, this camera doesn't use an Xtrans sensor, so if that's important to you it won't be the model for you. The XE-1 above can be had for 300 bucks or so leaving you room to get a fuji lens, Bill will have to remark on the speed of the camera. I've heard its slow focusing, but does take lovely photos. Also the XE-2. Newer version, not the latest and that comes in just under your price point but you will have either get an adopter and use a lens you already have or go over budget. Newer versions are well out of your budget. Maybe your budget is unrealistic?

1427272906_2k18-dp-02-21-DSCF744011x14metal.JPG.48cef927551ef8a41b7b5d6c71da7824.JPG Hello again everyone. The focus speed is more than enough for me. Just a flick of my right thumb hits the focus button and before I can retrieve said thumb, the focus is dead on, with either of my XC lenses. Using my Jupiter-8 or the Minolta MD50, Celtic 135 or the 80-200 zoom I am able to get a bright line on the subject via the lens focus knob. Light metering still works with those lenses. Aloha, Bill
  • Like 1

I failed to mention the pic is with the Minolta Celtic 135. I use a monopod when out for the sunrises, but the ability to "jack" up the ISO setting on the fly is "another" feature I love of this camera. I "generally" keep the shutter speed at 1/125 until I see the f stop go red (over exposure). Then something is changed. Aloha, Bill