Gear giveaway

<p>Giving away a Canon AE-1 I received a while back as part of a package. The thing is, I don't use Canon at all and don't have any lenses, so this is no good to me. As far as I can tell it works but I can't test it properly since I don't have any lenses.</p>

<p>Free for postage OR an agreement to give away something nice. Post to claim. </p><div>00bRIY-524899584.jpg.dcd5a3a3336a249e60ee2c157d644f72.jpg</div>

<p>Walter, I take it that you're a fan of the AE-1. Okay, as you said in your email, if anybody happens to post before tomorrow evening that they've got an AE-1-shaped hole in their heart or an FD lens without a camera they can have it, otherwise you'll get it.</p>

<p>now if it were a miranda ( not an ee) I could not be so kind.<br>

I searched for and bought a ys to k adapter so I could use<br>

my Miranda Ys lenses on a pentax<br>

I have a ys to canon fl.fd adapter<br>

but i dicused it with Rick Oleson and it is not covienient., (ys to fd)<br>

the ae-1 and some of it's cousins are easy to deal with picture takers.</p>

<p>The AE-1 goes to Andy C, who does have FD lenses and no body. Next time I happen on one of these, it goes to Walter.</p>

<p>Any takers for the Konica lens? It's pretty nice, and I'd keep it to use on mirrorless digital (Konica is another system I'm not in) but I have the f/2.5 too.</p>

<p>Just as an aside, I'm not so sure that having the email be the x-th or whatever is really "more fun" than just rewarding people who are lucky enough to be first in line.</p>

<p>Nice to do this, and that's fun for everybody, regardless of how it's done.</p>

<p>Thumbs up, Andy L for your generous give-away.</p>

<p>While the x-th email method may not be more "fun", it does accomplish two things: it adds a additional element of "chance" to the process, somewhat like a lottery, and it allows those forum members that aren't constantly logged on an opportunity to win by spreading that chance over an longer time span. By leveling the playing field more, it may not be more fun but it may be more interesting. Personally, I think Kayam hit upon a great idea when he tied his give-a-way to a quiz result. That was both more fun and interesting. I have been toying with the idea of photo history quiz give-a-way which would add "educational" to the mix.</p>

<p>I would do things like that if I were going to offer higher value items, but I don't think there's such a high demand for an SLR that's not in collector condition or a lens for a system that's not one of the most popular. For that stuff I'd rather just try to put it in the hands of people who will use it.</p>

<p>at first, I though " that ae-1" is usable for me.<br>

that I said to myself " what if someone had a lens and no camera"<br>

and I sent PM and pointed that out.<br>

Fotunatly he found such a person.<br>

with an A aeries canon or aftermarket flash that are selling inexpensivly<br>

and a couple more lenses, this person will have an easy to use outfit.<br>

whoevber enjoy. I used my AE1 first at a wedding and all but one or two of the over one hundred photos were great.,<br>

The B&G were very happy., I gave them both the prints and the negatives.,<br>

despite my being used to a much simpler camera and not really knowing the ins and outs of a more automatic slr.</p>

<p> </p>