Gear Give Away: Russian Repair Shop - Happy Holidays!

<p>This is a <strong>Russian Kiev 4 rangefinder camera with Jupiter-8 lens and original case</strong>. It is a desirable early 1954 example with serial number 542770. This Contax copy is in good cosmetic shape. The shutter works (charge the shutter before adjusting speeds), the film advance is smooth and positive. The lens is reasonably clean and a take up spool is included inside. The meter does not respond to light and the rangefinder, in fact the whole camera, would benefit from a good CLA.</p>

<p>To assist you in that effort I am also including a copy of Isaak Maizenberg’s book “All You Need To Know About Design and Repair of Russian Cameras”. This fine tome is a hardcover edition and in near mint condition. It’s has over 300 pages of information and is chock full of wonderful, detailed illustrations. A must have handbook for the Russian camera collector or repair fan.<br>

<br /> They are free to <strong>any</strong> photo.net member that wants them. I hope they will go to someone who will really use them. I will mail them to you, free of charge, wherever you are in the world. I will ship after New Years.</p>

<p><br /> To keep it interesting and fun, <strong>don't post your request in this thread</strong>. Send me an email, through photo.net, with <strong>your name only</strong>. I'll take the 8th email as the winner. If I don't get 8 requests, the last person to request it will get it by this time next week.<br /> I will bounce back an email to the winner and you can give me your shipping info. Have fun and good luck! I'll announce the winner in this thread when the group is taken. One email per member, please.</p>

<p>Let me take this opportunity to wish all Classic Manual Camera Forum members a wonderful holiday season. Thank you all for your sharing, camaraderie and good humor.</p><div>00cFFf-544276584.jpg.147333dee5f7c328c316133a7d3c05fb.jpg</div>

• Like 1

<p>Dang! Eleven minutes from first post until a winner was declared. Hate that I missed out. Very generous of you Louis. I'm Gonna get my hands on a Russian camera of some sort one of these days. It's just as well anyhow. I think I now have almost as many, if not more, cameras that I've yet to finish a roll in than ones that I've actually used. </p>
  • Like 1

<p>It is not Kiev-4 it is a Kiev-III without synchronization contact. It is valuable and rare camera. And it is in a very good condition as a matter of fact. I would not recommend nobody to grab a screwdriver and try to repair it since there is not that many of those cameras are around and those are really fine piece of engineering. </p>
  • Like 1

<p>I didn't take part as I already have two of these but a copy of the book would be a nice thing to have. I must do some Google based searching.</p>

<p>However...</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I think I've got a PDF somewhere of the Maizenberg's book</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Any chance of a copy?</p>

<p>EDIT: Here it is... http://ussrphoto.com/Wiki/Content/files/1555/maizenberg.pdf</p>

<p> </p>

• Like 1

• 7 years later...
  • 6 months later...