Garbage spam mail from a LF seller... :(

capocheny

Greetings LF Photographers...

Have any of you LF shooters on this forum received an email from these sellers?

www.globalmatter-lab.net

Their email "subject line" is: The Most Famous Large Format Cameras and Lenses

What a PITA receiving unsolicited (garbage) spam mail from such an outfit!

Cheers

Yes. I'm also receiving "reply to all" from a number of apparently disgruntled past customers. I wish they'd take it outside, and I'd like to find out where the original poster got my eddress. Incidentally, I know it was not from here, as the junk is coming to my "alternative" ID which I use for eBay and other online transactions.

Hi James, Jan...

Have you sent the original sender a note to request removal of your names from their

database?

Like you, I've also received mail from folks on that list asking, "where the h*ll did you get

my email address."

There's got to be some way of getting a message to these garbage senders that their

unsolicited messages aren't welcomed.

I've already sent a note to them asking for removal of my name and we'll see what

happens. May I suggest that others receiving their emails do the same?

Cheers

I once got some emails from a alternate fixer sales chap. He mentioned that our 2 fixer bath system for our process camera was wrong, the system we have used for 4 decades to save money and produce quality work, prints with little residual fixer or complex compounds that dont wash out. We worked out a systems long ago to reduce fixer usage, save water and make long lasting prints. Since the sales chap doesnt have to live with reprinting of stained prints a decade later, or buy fixer, or pay the water bill, his comments are abit jackassery. Hawking products to folks that have no problems with their current settup is interesting. These huckster sales chaps will be long gone when your prints are staining and your reputation is degraded.

H.C.

I think that the best way to respond is to not respond. Mark it as spam and/or make an exclusion/delete rule for it, and forget about it. The chances are small that negative comments will have any positive benefit, and so I prefer to keep the bandwidth free.

I agree.

Although I have not yet received this particular piece of s---.

The only safe thing to do is use your spam filter to automatically delete it or send it to the spam box. Trying to tell them to back off only seems to get more from them and similar sources.

I recently closed out the e-mail address I have used for purchasing because it was getting too much of this stuff.

Jim