Gabriel Benaim's new website, 8x10 Contact Prints

gabriel_benaim

Hi all,<br /><br />Just wanted to let you know my new site is up and running, and I'd love to hear what folks here have to say about it, both its content and form. All of the work up now is 8x10 contact prints, either on Azo or Lodima. The address is:<br /><br /><a href="http://www.gabrielbenaim.visualserver.com/" target="_blank">http://www.gabrielbenaim.visualserver.com/</a><br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />GB

<!-- / message -->

<p>I like it being quick and speedy and a nice layout. I really like some othe the photos, but many with the roads to me are uninteresting. Maybe if I saw them larger. I like the wall with fire escape shadows and the one with the front out staircase.</p>

<p>All should read the link to Archival Superior Matts and then the tab by Micheal and Paula. There is lots to be learned.</p>

<p>Now if you could just show a contact print on the net!</p>

<p>Well done website. Clean, elegant, simple, easy to navigate layout.</p>

<p>Of course a contact print is always going to look a zillion times better in hand than on a computer monitor. I have noticed that my strong, simple compositions sell the best online but more detailed, complex images sell better at galleries. With that realization it changed my photography a bit. When looking at a scene I have to pre-determine if the image will be marketed online or at the gallery. It will make a difference in how I construct the shot.</p>

<p>Your image of the stairs going down to the sea is outstanding! It's the perfect kind of image for an online presentation, however, many of your shots are not nearly as strong. In fact, you have too many marginal images, it is creating visual noise, I recommend showcasing only your finest work. As the artist and vendor that will be one of the most difficult things to determine, but it is critical to moving prints out the door.</p>

<p>Good luck and enjoy!</p>