pretty basic auto-focus point and shoot. Here is a <a

href="http://homepage1.nifty.com/fukucame/tiara.htm">link</a> to a page with a

picture of it. There was also a slightly different zoom version known as the

Tiara Zoom which shows up on Camerapedia. There are a few other versions of the

Tiara but they are APS which does me no good. If anyone knows anything I'd

really appreciate the help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Wesley

I have a Fuji Cardia Mini Tiara that I've been using for 10-12 years. It came from a pawn shop near a major university (NC State) that has a lot of Asian students, primarily in engineering. My guess is that it was pawned by a Japanese student because I got it, in new condition, for @ $30 with leather case. Fujifilm Japan was able to send me an English manual because apparently it was sold in Europe and/or England for just a year or two. I think it was phased out and replaced by the Tiara Zoom around the turn of the century. Unfortunately, I've moved since I got it and the leather case and manual have disappeared, probably into that storeroom in the sky. But I'll do some searching and let you know if I find it.

It is a delightful little camera, 35mm drop-in loading and auto-everything but there is a degree of manual control with zone focussing if you need it. It is sturdy and reasonably dust resistant-it's spent quite a bit of time in one pocket or another off and on over the years and has ingested very little dust. I don't know about water resistance (and hope I never need to know). Incidentally, I was reducing my camera supply not too long ago and the local camera store did not want to buy it, fortunately. I'm digital now except for the Tiara and I'm planning keeping it to supplement the Pentax Ds that is now my main camera.

I hope you find a Tiara because it is an enjoyment to carry and to use; the autofocus is right on 99% of the time, the semiwide 28mm lens is surprisingly sharp and the right length for most snapshooting, closeups and portaits excluded. The only problem I've found is that it is very easy to misplace.

Good luck and best regards

Ed Nicholson

• 2 months later...

I was in Japan in Sept 2000 and I purchased a Fuji Tiara 2000ixZ.

It's got the drop film that you talked about and its made of titanium, but I dont know much else about it. I found this site by researching my camera. In any case I have the original packaging and case for it and actually no longer want it. If you ar einterested in it let me know.

Jennifer

• 3 months later...

I have this camera at the moment. It was launched in the UK about the same time as the Ricoh GR-1 (I think) and is named the Fujifilm DL Super Mini. Not as much manual control as the GR but a nice pocketable camera nevertheless and was nick named the 'sardine tin' because of it's styling. The 28mm lens is a very good performer and if you'd like to view some samples I have some shots here;

Fujifilm DL Super Mini

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing how excited i got when i see this little camera is still being "probed" after so long.

It is the Fuji DL super mini zoom. Its zoom is in "steps"....very nice film loading mechanism where all the unexposed film is "pulled out" from the canister first and every shot that is exposed is "rolled" back into the canister, preventing lose of film if we open the film back accidently.

Cool design. Got it from BHPhoto in 1997/8. Used for couple of trekking trips and takes pretty sharp pictures. Probably i would say the only thing i do not like is the noise during zooms and the noise during loading.

http://homepage1.nifty.com/macbs/camera_fuf.htm