Fujica G690BL Bulb setting

sethlewis

I have the Fujica 690BL with interchangeable lenses. Since I bought it i've only ran rolls through it during the day, all of which came out properly exposed, no issues whatsoever. I took it out the other night for the first time, why not try to shoot 6x9 at night, let's see what happens. What i discovered is that on bulb setting with the cable release attached the shutter was opening when pressing the cable release but not closing after releasing. The only way to release the shutter after opening in bulb setting was to move the shutter setting from B to any other setting on the lens. I'm curious as to what exactly the issue could be since the shutter fires regularly at any of the other shutter settings.

I've got a non-interchangeable lens GW690ii. The long exposure setting is labelled "T" rather than "B" and it behaves in the way you describe, that is the shutter stays open if you remove your finger from the shutter button and only closes when the film advance is operated, or when the speed is changed. On the earlier GL690 Professional it behaves like a normal "B" setting and only opens during the period the shutter button is depressed Edited by John Seaman