Fuji Xpro-1 Petteri Sulonen User Impressions Blog

<p>Thanks. Very good and readable review, personal (with the pros and cons of that, of course) but seemingly well balanced, and from a reviewer who interacts with his readers. Worth reading for anyone interested in exploring this camera system. </p>

• 1 month later...

I have the X-pro1 and find the review not at all balanced. First, I am a Nikon guy, recently upgrading my D700 for the D4.

I wanted a camera with a great IQ that was light to carry when I don't want to lug my gear. The good news is that when

you can get the shoot right, the IQ of the X-Pro1 is simply incredible.

The bad news is that the X-Pro1 focus is really a joke. One can only hope for a firmware upgrade. You really have to work

with his camera and there are alot of misses because of the super slow-mo focus. Compare to the D4 it is like a Ferrari

compared to a horse.

Finally, I use Mac and the software does not support Lion. Huh? New camera and it does not support the latest OS X?

That must be a joke but it isn't. Wrote to Fujifilm in Japan (where I bought the Camera) and they just forwarded to their

Hong Kong affiliate who did not respond to my question.

So, IQ is great. If your willing to 'fight' with your camera, go for it. If you want more 'perfection', just stay with Nikon.

<p>I've been using my Xpro-1 for about a month. I've no complaints about the focus. No it isn't as quick as my Canon DSLR equipment. Yes you do need to learn how to 'work with it'. It isn't going to work well for fast action sports, birding, or spray and pray approaches to image making. If you are coming from a digital DSLR background and won't accept this camera in the design envelope it occupies you may be disappointed. If you have used manual film cameras in the past and enjoyed the user interface and from factor this may appeal.<br>

Petteri's blog entries describe the camera and the use cases for which it excels. I find the camera very enjoyable to use. I haven't had this much fun with a chunk of photo gear is a long time.</p>