Fuji X1 Pro

<p>I believe it is real and may be the interchangeable lens version of the Fuji X100 we've been hearing about. "Leaked" images similar to those are being passed around on the forums at DPReview.</p>

<p>We'll probably being seeing something similar soon in all languages.</p>

The Wells-Fargo leak was forward-dated January 10th and has been removed. As I recall, 16 Mp EXR CMOS. Perhaps the X100-style hybrid viewfinder adjusts to each lens, 18/2, 35/1.4, 60/2.5. That would be some justification for a new proprietary mount. Can't imagine what they'll do for zoom.

<p>I got this from dpreview:<br>

“Translation of the French article's main points: • Deliveries will start in March • Camera kit includes 35mm lens and will be priced around € 1,300 • Other lenses will be priced around € 600 • Camera features New Fuji 16MP APS-C sized sensor (crop factor 1.5) • Sensor will feature a color filter pattern w/ 6 filter sites per pixel instead of the usual 4 of a normal Bayer pattern; no AA filter required -> higher native sensor resolution • 60mm lens has macro capabilities • "X-Mount" bayonet system features 17.7mm flange-to-sensor distance, and features a minimum distance from back lens to sensor of 7.5mm • Hybrid VF w/ zoom function • VF features parallax compensation”</p>

<p>I speak French, albeit not very fluently. I will translate the salient points as I read them, probably nothing you haven’t seen already.<br>

March arrival. 1300 Euro kit with 35mm (~50 equiv.), 600E for other lenses. 1.5X 16MP APS-C CMOS sensor with “X Trans” technology: inspired by classical film, photosites have 6 colors and are distributed randomly. So no moiré effect from gridded interpolation of subpixels, which means no blurring filter is needed, so real captured detail is very good (my note: provided lenses are good, of course!). Fuji claims resolution equal to, if not superior to, full frame. Lenses are all metal, apertures are perfectly circular, priority is big aperture (18mm f/2, 35mm f/14, 60mm f/2.4 macro; equivalent to 27, 53, and 90mm). X-Mount has a focal flange distance of 17.7mm, which is very narrow (my note: M mount adapter is likely) and large diameter, and the objective of the Fuji lenses will be just 7.5mm from the sensor (!). Upgraded hybrid viewfinder will be a zooming telescope that automatically matches lens focal length. SUPER WEIRD (IMHO): it has an external autofocus sensor! How can that work, I wonder, at extreme focal lengths? Is this something people have seen before? Aluminum alloy body. They hope the ergonomics will be improved over X100. A grip, a leather case, and a flash are proposed accessories.</p>

<p>Also, it comments on a special edition black X100 release. Snooze.</p>

<p>I am super excited by this! It looks amazing! Will look forward to March reviews.</p>

<p>Thanks for a more precise translation, Gabriel.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>my note: provided lenses are good, of course!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yeah, Fuji has made one or two lenses that were usable in the past. :o)<br>

<br /></p>

<p>Finally, a digital replacement for my Contax G1...<strong>sign me up!</strong></p>

<p><br /></p>

<p>Thanks for the confirmation.

<p>Noticed Fuji called it "X-Pro 1", not "X1", "X 1", or "X-1"; could have assigned another letter|word to differentiate (from X100 & X10) the X mount camera (line). Yes, it's the word "Pro" in the name that is irritating me.

<p>Leslie, on the lens roadmap, the zooms have IS.</p>

<p><strong>2012:</strong></p>

<ul type="square">

<li>14mm f/2.8 </li>

<li>18-72mm f/4.0 with Image Stabilization </li>

</ul>

<p><strong>2013:</strong></p>

<ul type="square">

<li>28mm f/2.8 pancake </li>

<li>23mm f/2.0 </li>

<li>72-200mm f/4.0 Image Stabilization </li>

<li>12-24mm f/4.0 Image Stabilization </li>