Fuji stops black and white... :(

Discussion in 'Film and Processing' started by iosif_astrukov, Apr 8, 2018.

1. WTF? Treat us to an explanation of how sales of old film off eBay get communicated to Kodak as an index of demand.

2. If you do not understand that Kodak noticed the resurgence in demand for film, including people spending money on long expired stock, you are way behind here.
    Demand for product is monitored in every way possible. From youngsters on YouTube singing the praises of buying some old beater camera off EBay to how to get film for it. They also monitor places like this. Business' primary source for trends and demand is internet activity.
    I really can't believe you have to have it explained to you.
    "WTF" indeed.
    And whom may I ask is this "us" you are the representative of ?

3. I'm not tired by such things.....,
    Seek help.

4. Magical thinking. If demand isn't ultimately registering by sales and revenue upticks visible and analyzed in financial statements, then none of the other mirage indices you mention matter. They went broke in 2012...Why?

5. You just changed the premise from your assertion that sales of expired film had no influence on a decision to increase production, to a premise that sales of new stocks influences production.
    That fallacious line of argument is as insightful as it is laughable.

The points of my post aren't magical thinking. They are easily verifiable marketing realities.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  6. They aren't mirage indicies. And trying to link this discussion to 2012 shows a complete lack of understaning, knowledge and comprehension on your part.

7. Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  8. So share 'em, bro. Still waiting...

9. That's OK, Dave. Now well-established you're an innumerate fabulist in deep denial.

10. So share 'em, bro. Still waiting...It's sales to retailers that count--and get counted at Kodak Alaris.

11. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.
    Follow the links.....
    “It’s no secret that we’ve been looking for opportunities to expand our portfolio” said Dennis Olbrich, President of Kodak Alaris Paper, Photo Chemicals and Film in a statement announcing the film’s release. “Darkroom photography is making a comeback, and B&W Film sales are clearly on a positive trajectory. Given these very encouraging market trends, we believe P3200 TMZ will be a great addition to our lineup”.

I really don't know how much clearer it can be made for you.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    Dave Luttmann likes this.