Fuji Neopan 1600 Reciprocity

willscarlett

<p>I use an app for reciprocity that's also got adjustments for filter and bellows extension. I checked it and it doesn't have Fuji 1600 even listed and it's got a lot of films. Fuji Acros needs no adjustment until it's pretty long and the other Fuji films in the app don't need an adjustment until longer than about a minute. I've never used the 1600, so I don't know which it's more similar to.</p>

<p>Pretty much, I never worry about reciprocity. If I am making 10 minute exposures, I am guessing in the first place, and don't guess close enough to correct. </p>

<p>Many years ago (when my FM was new) I was out boating on a full moon night. (Boat tied to shore for the night.) I went out, set the camera on a nice solid rock, and used a locking cable release to do about a 10 minute exposure on Ektachrome 200. That was pretty much a guess, partly based on how long I wanted to sit and wait, but it came out nicely exposed, maybe a tiny bit dark.</p>

<p>Another year, I did a 45 minute exposure on Ektachrome 64. Longer partly for the film speed, and partly as it could be a little lighter. (And maybe, but I suspect not, for reciprocity reasons.)</p>

<p>I did know about reciprocity failure, but what else would I do?</p>

<p>Actually, one should be able to calculate somewhat the ratio of sunlight to moonlight, but I didn't even try that. Color films tended (I don't know about now) to have worse reciprocity problems than black and white films. </p>

-- glen