Fuji Neopan 1600 Reciprocity

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by willscarlett, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Does anyone remember the reciprocity for Fuji Neon 1600? Found the data sheet online, but the reciprocity info wasn't listed.
    https://www.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/Neopan1600.pdf

2. How far do you need it to go? I would use a table from the most similar film that I could find.
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/f32/f32d.jhtml
    TMax 3200 is 2/3 stop at 10s, and 2 stops at 100s, either aperture or time increase.
    That doesn't sound too unusual.

3. I use an app for reciprocity that's also got adjustments for filter and bellows extension. I checked it and it doesn't have Fuji 1600 even listed and it's got a lot of films. Fuji Acros needs no adjustment until it's pretty long and the other Fuji films in the app don't need an adjustment until longer than about a minute. I've never used the 1600, so I don't know which it's more similar to.

4. Pretty much, I never worry about reciprocity. If I am making 10 minute exposures, I am guessing in the first place, and don't guess close enough to correct.
    Many years ago (when my FM was new) I was out boating on a full moon night. (Boat tied to shore for the night.) I went out, set the camera on a nice solid rock, and used a locking cable release to do about a 10 minute exposure on Ektachrome 200. That was pretty much a guess, partly based on how long I wanted to sit and wait, but it came out nicely exposed, maybe a tiny bit dark.
    Another year, I did a 45 minute exposure on Ektachrome 64. Longer partly for the film speed, and partly as it could be a little lighter. (And maybe, but I suspect not, for reciprocity reasons.)
    I did know about reciprocity failure, but what else would I do?
    Actually, one should be able to calculate somewhat the ratio of sunlight to moonlight, but I didn't even try that. Color films tended (I don't know about now) to have worse reciprocity problems than black and white films.