Fuji GS 645S

<p>After some thought I decided to post some results from my Fuji GS 645S here. Although it has a mechanical shutter and can operate without battery, it is probably too new to be a true classic by forum definition. I like to think of it as a modern film camera in the classic tradition. </p><div>00YJKW-336239984.JPG.2a7235dea3e694910cccbf1ce3bb7794.JPG</div>

<p>While big, the 645S is lightweight and with rangefinder it is easy to focus. It has match diode metering with the display in the finder. Anyone who can operate a late 60's fixed lens 35mm camera should be able to work this one with a minimum of fuss. For my photos I used Plus-X (remaining supplies are selling out fast) and Verichrome Pan (still hoarding a few rolls).</p><div>00YJKZ-336241584.jpg.5605c19e05e658b4da2c2760c6d71ca1.jpg</div>

<p>Beautiful graduations of tone from those big negatives, <strong>Mike</strong>. The GS645's are an odd camera in some respects, but the Fujinon lens is superb. I really like "Looking South" with it's very soft contrast, and "Breezeway" is an interesting image. I think I would have cropped away some of the brickwork at the sides...but it's all in the eye of the beholder! Thanks for featuring an unusual camera.</p>

<p>Thanks, Rick. The GS 645S, BTW, has a semi-wide 60mm f4, which I think is the equivalent of a 38mm optic for full frame 35mm. There is also the folding GS 645, which has a 75mm f3.4 lens. They seem to go for more than the 645S. In addition to these rangefinder models, there is scale focusing 645 that has a 45mm f5.6 (equivalent to 28mm) that is available as well.</p>