Fuji FP100C

<p>As I +1'd to a post on APUG - "expletive deleted" </p>

<p>I've been shooting a decent amount of the stuff and have been clearing the negative part to print (as a B&W) in the darkroom. It has a cool and slightly different look doing that. Oh well, I ordered some packs of it from Freestyle this morning when I saw the news. I'm not surprised, but I am a bit peeved. </p>

The amount of comments is very telling. I was

expecting world of photography to be outraged and

we barely got a "meh" on photo.net. It's sad the

product is unique and truly professional not like the

bodged 'artsy' editions of the impossible film. I have

not been using it exclusively (I shoot more film than

instant) but at least here in the UK the price has been

prohibitive compared to main europe or the US;

anywhere between £16 to £20...

already signed, dave. It was close to 10k this morning. Sucha shame, Fuji Instax has been a success, fp100c is

certainly missing proper marketing. I wanted to purchase some from regular film suppliers and prices have been

already hiked... hammer those nails!

<p>I ordered three packs yesterday but I don't know if the order will be filled. The item was listed as not being in stock. I bought five packs today and also one pack of the 3000 speed b&w film. The b&w film is $10 more than the color film so I will think about how much of it I want to get. I have two Polaroid 250 cameras and an AAA battery adapter. If my memory of this is correct, my mother bought her 250 in 1972 when the Grants chain in NY went out of business. The references I have seen show that the 250 was made from '67 - '69 so it must have been NOS. The cold clip and portrait attachment and flashbulb (cube) attachment bring back memories. I have been thinking about using the 250s for a while and did not think that Fuji might eventually discontinue the film. In the old days you would send a Polaroid print in and get reprints or enlargements. I suppose it's easier now. We can just scan the prints. Years from now people will look back and be surprised that the FP100C stayed in production as long as it did. I wonder whether it's possible for the Impossible Project to make a successor product? </p>

<p>Impossible has reached out to Fuji - and I believe they did when the FP-3000b was discontinued as well. The response was pretty much "no way" in terms of transferring the production line to another entity. Fuji's just not interested in bothering, it seems. <br /><br />Impossible could make the film - I believe they've made 8x10 peel-apart. The problem is making the packs, and having an efficient way of making and folding the inside materials.</p>

<p>To be pretty clear: <em>Impossible in the Netherlands</em> can not make the film because they need the special Fuji machinery and Fuji do not want to share this technology. Further <em>Impossible</em> has no financial resourses at the moment for such a project. They have already hard times to improve their own product line.</p>

<p>My shop for FP100C was sold out within one day and the question is: Can we get some new delivery? </p>