fuji finepix f700 vs. canon A80

I can't speak for the specific cameras you mention, but as a general from my understanding, fuji cameras are richer in colors - especially with skin tones - while canons are great for action shots. Beyond that, I have no experience with either, just going on trade talk.

I had asked this question because I was asked for advise by a friend and did not know the answer... after doing some research, the A80 has a bit better image quality, on the other hand the Fuji has a very nice movie mode! The A80 has a swivel screen, which is nice, but it is small...

• 2 weeks later...
The F700 is amazing at capturing skies. The lcd screen provides a crisp an accurate image. Having used both the F700 although doesn't have many editing features on board it takes a better picture i.e not a dull, gives a crisper image. The Fuji also have a far quicker shutter lag as it takes a long time for the A80 to process the picture. I have also read the fuji is one of the fastest starting cameras.

• 1 year later...
I've used both the A80 and The F700, hands down I would choose the F700 over the A80. The size, design and speed of the F700 is what does it for me. Granted the A80 is a wonderful machine with it's swivel screen and 4.0 megapixel sensor, this cannot be argued. This camera has been a homerun for Canon, the Fuji F700 is less popular but by far the superior machine -- it renders colors very well and can mimic high saturation slide film with its Chrome setting. I've been over impressed with the elegant F700, the feel of it and its performance. I'm a professional photographer and while I do not carry my pro equipment everywhere, the F700 is always with me, it's inconspicuous and capabale of making images comparable to its 4.0 and 5.0 megapixel counterparts. I dare you to try the F700, the first thing you will notice is its speed and response time -- all the other seduction will happen after this. Fuji out did themselves with this one and it was released in 2003. Who said digital cameras don't have much of a shelf life in terms of usability. The F700 will be my camera of choice as we march on in the ever changing market of digital photography!!!<div>00CKSr-23750884.jpg.f72db338adf5ca799bc19323db4bc942.jpg</div>