Fuji EF-20 Flash for Fuji "X" Cameras

<p>I bought a black edition Fuji X100. The camera's low light performance is stellar- I can make virtually grainless/noiseless 8x12 inch prints at ISO 2000.</p>

<p>However, there are times in very low light when I'd like a little help in the form of a small flash I can bounce off low ceilings. So, I purchased the Fuji EF-20 Flash.</p>

<p>On the negative side, the flash is quite plasticy, in contrast to the solid build and feel of the Fuji "X" cameras. For its output, the EF-20 is also overpriced at $130 U.S. (a bit more costly than the more solid Nikon SB-400.)</p>

<p>A plus is that the flash is plasticy, so it is really light. When standing up on the flash shoe to bounce, the flash doesn't overbalance the camera. The EF-20's TTL output is accurate, more so than the slightly lower priced Nikon SB-400 I also own. It is nice that the EF-20 is in scale with the size of the X100, and would even be in scale with the size of the X10.</p>

<p>I like that the EF-20 runs on two AA batteries- I'm using two eneloops. The battery compartment door can be a little fussy, but it is no big deal.</p>

<p>All in all, I'd recommend the EF-20. I'd also note that if you use the Fuji hood on the X100 and want to use a flash, the hood blocks the built-in flash. So, you'll have to buy a Fuji flash if you want a TTL flash. </p>

<div>00aGQK-457565584.jpg.fcc1d018c3dcecaabc8ba8ed53cf6b4b.jpg</div>

<p>Eric, great write-up! <br>

I have the neat EF-20 too and the only thing I don't like about it is the fact, that it won't swivel sideways (for bounce-flash in portrait-orientation).<br>

The fold-away-foot for easy off-camera-storage is a very good idea.<br>

And: your black X100 looks great - congrats!</p>