Fuji color print film for landscapes

tony_b

Hello,

Which Fuji color print film do you advise for landscapes ?

I was looking on Fuji websites for information about Fuji Reala, I can

find it on websites of some countries but not other countries. Does

Fuji Reala still exists or it is replaced by Superia Reala ? Is

Superia Reala good for landscapes ?

I shoot Reala all the time for landscapes. Print it on a Fuji Frontier machine, and the results are breathtaking. It's extremely sharp, virtually grainless, and produces saturated (but not too saturated) colors. That being said, it doesn't do very well under overcast conditions.

As far as I'm aware, they don't sell Reala here in the United States anymore. All they sell is Superia Reala.

Good luck!

Reala was always a grade of Superia. As with any negative film, expose for the shadows. You may see some grain in open sky, but it's manageable. The color, detail and dynamic range are fantastic for landscapes.

I've also used Fuji NPS160 with results comparable to Reala. It seems to be easier to get.

Last time I looked Reala was available from B&H in 35mm and 120. Many like it, but as a previous post mentioned it gets very sickly when used in overcast conditions.

If you are talking 35mm, Kodak Gold 100 has it all over Reala for overcast days. Good saturation, and enought contrast to make this work when Reala just doesn't cut it. You do get larger grain, but many don't find it objectionable at 8x10. YMMV

Try agfa optima II 100, it's the same as reala in most aspects, and cheaper. No grain, beautiful saturation and very good neutral colors, ut keep in mind "reala is superb color neg film, if is not the best".<br>

I do not try optima II 400, because in Brasil is difficult to find agfa's retailer.<br>

Be careful with minilabs, because not all makes good job with agfa films. I find two or tree makes good prints here. I hear about good prints in fuji frontier with optima II.