FS: Nikon AF-Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D | $140 shipped

chulster

E0EsaWhH1vdismDsU4TCxGgokVht-yDgoc-B7E8sZXxs6pMZQT7enwuzRmOUN7JsjdKJkEtPoBa9xMBb3O_kDyrbMfsInp1346z1_3-gOWYmr1xcDiGW1UpeSQ_M7r3DMK3sSoQHrzTFLdTtdXQ7EfhW0NnB0v596KG8cxL13Yn5wcVJENZoVOjUyWEW47Kv7aQAiBFR1H2d83msuGdPqhqaG0FtaO0GGblM5tno6ZGsYIoqhpX8VdIs8AqfOC4CIjHIAXaiqxtTB7dsqFf5uwCRWlCvCKGhFbz9BOZlHozw5a9Mih8s2PM0w7YLAdcK2AetIgQf0FGd_vCR5hyEJ2VtQM0qObRTVeXG1D3S7YS1o96MjDhkbs6EF6zNaBmN91ngN6TqBGP6v4-S_2GcsYWFWrnQi6N-5lXCpVGGSOdyme9HI4oRKj1bm5xFmHoEAJCfqmpOdj2qu9zobPb9P8y5guBlIGCTRf_XvfEccLSgHmK34YgFm_DLRSqxagnxq-mSCvJe70oYgXHrmBqW9x2gUcksMoLfKeXJgXYsUn6_AmJMNWRhhlYHfevfid3tFzb5L4mk5FWieVyVgH1a9o5AQytKwstiyCBTk7UZe67VOniLn8RkqJHvMU87WYtVpH_a0NDNYkAUMCR6ZCv_KcBZ2HtfivuWBkX5m1QLXB-syrjoBDKLSrjBU1jn5pMcrz6yngAWW8cscxfbbcisQ8Z-d5OFys77zHbqfC0FIeW13m2hjMjhXZ8=s2228-no

More photos here.

This Nikon AF-NIKKOR 28mm f/2.8D lens is in very good condition. I would call it mint if not for a series of very small impressions in the plastic of the barrel, probably caused by contact with a camera bag's zipper. (See the pictures.) These marks have been on the lens since I bought it second-hand. I've had the lens for several months and have used it sparingly, but I've just purchased a wide-angle zoom, so I no longer need it.

Aside from the tiny marks on the barrel, this lens is in mint condition. The glass is extremely clean, inside and out. There are no marks on the exposed elements. There is no fungus, haze, or separation, and virtually no dust. The exterior plastic still has that matte sheen characteristic of recently-manufactured D lenses fresh from the factory. The focus action is very smooth, the aperture ring is clicky, and the aperture blades are like new. AF is accurate and reliable.

Image quality is very good. In my opinion (but please keep in mind this is only opinion, not objective fact), this lens's image quality is up there with the best of the smaller D series primes, such as the 35mm f/2D and the 50mm f/1.8D. In fact, I think it's better than the popular 35mm f/2D because it's sharper across the frame. My copy of the lens may be priced a little higher than some others, but I can vouch that it's a good, sharp copy with image quality that meets or exceeds expectations for the design.

Compatibility note: In order to autofocus, this screw-drive lens requires a camera body that has its own AF motor. This includes all FX models, plus the higher-end DX ones. It will NOT autofocus on a D5x00, D3x00, D60, or D40. It will NOT autofocus on an FTZ adapter.

Will come with genuine Nikon caps and nothing else.

Price: $140 including domestic shipping and transaction fee. Payment is by PayPal or Zelle.

• 2 weeks later...