Frustration!

<p>I live in the Falkland Islands. If you know anything about the place other than the war with Argentina you will know that it is famous for its changeable weather. One week ago I received in the post a brand sparkling new Bessa camera with what is reputed to be the sharpest lens in the world(check with Cameraquest). Today was my first chance to try it out.<br>

The day dawned grey and damp with a bit of wind. Then the sun came out but before I could get ready to go the hailstones started which then turned to rain. As I am writing this message the sun has started to burn the back of my neck.<br>

Can't finish. Gotta go! </p>

<p>This sounds like a great place to chase rainbows. I encountered weather like this in Ireland a few years ago (minus the hail). I drove to the top of a nearby hill with a good view and waited for the rainbows. </p><div>00YVT7-345011584.jpg.ffa1a1ea1e7e0add30c1ffcd5cfdf27b.jpg</div>

<p>Wow. Falkland Islands and on the internet!</p>

<p>What a change from waiting for the periodic mail boat!</p>

<p>I wonder if Tristan da Cunha has the internet now? :)</p>

<p>From personal experience, I know it's available in the Sinai. I guess Moses could have used it to good benefit. Google™ directions would have been very handy. ;)</p>

<p>We can even buy produce from Waitrose and Sainsburys! (You have to be British to understand how good that is)<br>

But as a downer we have a bit of a dispute with a neighbour and many things take a long time to be replenished in the shops and fresh food is not always so fresh.</p>

<p>I wish!<br>

I bought a Bessa R2S with a Heliar 50mm f3.5 lens. I am not quite sure why, for my "real" photography I use a Fuji GW690 or a Mamiya RB67.<br>

Actually, I do know why, I wanted a lightweight camera that would give me good quality and one that I would enjoy using.</p>

<p>I have been to the Falklands twice, once in 1998 and then 2009, both on the way to the Antarctic. Each time it cost a lot of money and tarvel time to get there from the United States. It is a great place for wildlife photography. I very much would like to go back and spend a few weeks there. And that is your backyard.</p><div>00YVWJ-345041584.jpg.7200adc2275525ddfd6a5615107d33c1.jpg</div>