Frozen Film

I'm cleaning out my small collection of film to make space in the freezer. While they are all at least 11 years

old and quite out of date, I would considering keeping a few rolls of C41 B&W film (mostly ilford and Kodak) if

it still good to use. Is it worth keeping in the freezer a few more years in case I get the urge to pull out one

of my film cameras, or just toss it with with rest of the color slide and print film?

<p>Well, the only way to know for sure is to take a roll out once in a while and shoot it. I have a lot of very expired film in the freezer and it shoots fine. If it was good going in, it'll be good coming out. Higher ASA film will suffer the most but the C-41 B&W will suffer the least. No color shift at least. :)</p>

Even though it was highly unlikely I would ever use it, I have kept the film in my freezer all these years because I just couldn't bring myself to toss it in the trash. If someone wants to pick up the postage, I would be happy to send them what I got (All Fuji 35MM: 1 Velvia, 4 Provia F, 1 Superior 400, 1 Reala, 3 NPH, 2 Superior 800). I am going to keep the 5 rolls of C41 B&W.

• 1 month later...
<p>Hi, I've read what threads I could on freezing film, but there's still some things I'd like to know.<br /> - Do y'all use some kind of moisture-free bag to store the film or is that overkill?<br /> - When taking it out to thaw, you just pick one roll in its package and leave it as is on the open? On the refrigerator first and outside after, or is that overly cautious?<br /> - Also, when talking about 'bricks' in the context of 120 film, does that mean a pack of 5, as I can find online everywhere, or something larger?<br /> These questions may seem stooped but I couldn't find answers for them. Thank you.</p>

<p>120 film normally comes wrapped in a foil type wrapper. 35mm film normally comes in the little plastic cans. You freeze the film in these containers and when you remove them from the freezer you leave them wrapped or still in the can, that way they don't attract moisture. Generally you leave the film out for about 3 hours before use.<br>

A 5 pack of 120 film is normally called a Pro Pack, not sure what a brick is referring to.</p>