at -1 2/3 with Metz 54 MZ-4.

This is just a snapshot but we like it.

Regards,

Steve<div>008Wq1-18362384.jpg.063de0e679bd131b8016f7b4bacf68bd.jpg</div>

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it is not a picture of some chick's ass. Maybe that would be worth $5000.00. Since my kids are pricless maybe I should use a more expensive camera, alas I will have to settle for a Leica.

I am very happy with the handling and performance/image quality. I think I made the right decision by getting this SLR because I like the versatility compared to the M system and I love those snappy Leica images.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve,

congratulations on your new camera. It looks like you're on the way to really wonderful memories.

Pictures like these will look great down the line at this child's wedding.

Regards,

Erick

Steve, any pictures of your kids are worth it, even if it costs a millions dollars. People who berate people taking photos of their kids, regardless of cost, should get a life. When the kids grow up, which these people apparently have not, the pictures are all we have. Who cares if it is taken on a $5000 camera setup.

It is a reasonable assumption that his young child is just one of many subjects that

Stephen will explore with his $5,000 kit, right Steve? Since he already owns the camera,

why shouldn't he use it in as many ways as possible? The particular example that he

posted is a snapshot, and not a very good one. But let's cut him some slack, since he has

a rightly excited about his new camera.

God leave stephen alone. I dont think all my cameras at the moment are worth what I use them for ( bronica etrsi, mamiya 7, hexarRF, and n90s ).

Whats wrong with being a gearhead and having fun with your stuff for the sake of possessing something nice? I like the finer things in life and dont think its any big deal at all. Besides, photo.net is a gearhead forum. I personally have never cared for any of the photography on this site ( hmm.. maybe Jeff spirers excellent work ) but most of it is rubbish that doesnt interest me at all.

What are you supposed to take pictures of with your gear if your not working professionally or only occasionally? I would think ones children would be worthy subjects for stephens new leica. I know my kids are great subjects for my cameras. More worthy to me than some arch in utah that has been photographed 10 million times in exactly the same way by a bunch of "photographers" who deem their work important.

Hmm. I have photographed my kids (now 19 and 12) on everything from an Olympus Trip 35 to a Contax/Zeiss SLR and lens. Admittedly I cannot aspire to $5000 Leica SLRs but just because Steve can does'nt rule out photographing anything he jolly well wants to. If the R9 was closest to hand when a nice moment occurs then use it. If the closest thing to hand is an Olympus Stylus Epic then use that. It is the moment that matters.

If the only thing available for the school run is the Ferrari (or the Bentley Continental GT, a far better choice) then use it for the school run. The kids will thank you for it!

Stephen I am quite jealous of your M7 and R9 and lenses but at least you are using them and not sitting around polishing them before they go back in the display case.