Free Workshop in Southern California!

per_volquartz1

On January 31 - February 1, 2004

Should we have the workshop at Red Rock Canyon or at Joshua Tree

National Park?

(This will be our 9th Free Workshop! - Join other photographers for a

great weekend! Learn, share, discover new ideas - make new friends!

Have a great time!)

Per Volquartz

Email: volquartz@volquartz.com

Per, Joshua Tree is such a varied place topographically and subject matter that I would recommend it highly. I have photographed extensively there and the light is superb. There is camping available as well as motels in Joshua Tree and 29 Palms. There will be amny rock climbers there for the sports minded photographers and they are more than willing to pose or allow you to shoot their ascents.

Joshua Tree National Park,

I am an 8x10 photographer who lives in Morongo Valley, 15 minutes form the West entrance to JTNP. I was just up there last week and did the whole drive from Joshua Tree, thru the Pinto Basin, and out to I-10 at Chiraco Summit. (When I was 5 minutes away, I was going 3 times a week. I guess the move has made me lazy.) Everything is wonderful. All, but a few back roads are fine from the last heavy rains we had. Though, everything you could possibly photograph in a weekend (read: a life time) is right off the main road, or around the camping areas.

My favorite areas are Indian Cove, (off Hwy. 62, where Brett caught his pants on fire, and where he, Edward and Charis went rock climbing nude(something I don't recommend!)) Hidden Valley (around Barker Dam and Hemingway), Jumbo Rock, and the area where you start to descend into the Pinto Basin. But, there are countless other areas to work, or just be quiet.

Pioneertown is close by, a worth while drive, and some good coffee shops (sometimes they have some good music).

If Joshua Tree is where the Free Workshop is going to be, then maybe we could have coffee and dessert (or beer and pretzels) at my studio.

Richard Boutwell

• 2 weeks later...