Free software to get dynamic range out of dual pixel raw

Jochen_S

link (DPRSplit: File Splitter for Canon 5D Mark IV / Dual Pixel Raw files | FastRawViewer) I'm just downloading it for my photo related freeware collection. I have neither shot anything in DPR yet nor encountered a serious lack of dynamic range but...

The entire thing looks pretty text based: insert file names + select folder for 2 DNGs to be written to.

Thanks for the link Jochen. I tried taking a few test dual pixel photos when I first obtained my 5D IV, but did not see a big advantage of using the dual pixel feature, so I did not pursue using it. The one downside of using dual pixel exposure is that file sizes are twice as big as not using it.

I installed the software, and tried it out. It is easy to use, and the results give two identical images with a one stop exposure difference. This should be useful for creating a modest HDR image, especially for moving subjects.

Here is my one example of a dual pixel image that I processed using DPRsplit. The image on the left is normal exposure, and the one on the right has -1 stop exposure.257082392_dpsplittest.jpg.b3d2673029c1483ae3d7f0a1c94d4fd2.jpg