Frame counter on a Kodak Monitor 620, sporadic.

Hello: I hope I can pick up some information here. I purchased a Kodak Monitor 620, #3794, lens #6400. It might be a 1939 model as it doesn't have the CAMEROSITY date code on it, & I've heard that the date codes didn't start until 1940. Anyway, the shutter is good, & the bellows are dark, everything seems good. I loaded it with a trimmed 120 roll of Ilford FP4+ with a 620 take-up reel. It started ok, but I'm suspecting that the film/paper is not, at times, turning the little sprocket that turns the frame counter. I still have to finish the roll, but if my suspicions are correct, the film will run out before the frame counter shows "8". Is there anyone out there in the ether that has experienced this with a Monitor? What did you do to remedy it? I'm thinking that perhaps a spacer, foam or ?, in between the film/paper & the pressure plate, right where the sprockets are, might aide in the film/paper to consistently turn the frame counter. Or not. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. -Rich Reeder, Mesa, Arizona.

Read more: http://cameracollector.proboards.com/thread/8460/kodak-monitor#ixzz4cDI7kjZb

-Rich Reeder, Mesa, Arizona.

Congealed grease on the mechanism. The gear ratios work against the toothed wheel, everything has to be moving completely freely. You just have to take off the top plate, clean, and refresh with fresh Lubriplate. I don't remember how the plate comes off, but it's very obvious. I think you have to remove the finder.

You're very lucky to have a good bellows, absolutely the weak spot of the Kodak Monitors.

Both of the f/4.5 lenses are good, they are Tessar design. The Anastigmat Special is better due to the use of rare earth glass.