FP4 Plus & DK-50.

I couldn`t find any times for FP4 Plus in DK-50, but it has since been suggested to me to try the times for Kodak HC-110 (dilution B) as a guide with DK-50 diluted 1:1.

Another interesting method, was to make Geoffrey Crawley`s modified version which is DK-50 as Part `A` and an 8% solution of Sodium Metaborate as Part `B` which I might make later today. The working strength solution consist of 2 Parts of `A` + 1 part of `B` + 7 parts of water. This is from the BJP Annual 1977 and provides a list of development times that look more manageable. Times are given for the pre-plus version of FP4 which I will try.

Thanks for replying.

Well, I am surprised. I processed a 135-36 roll of FP4 Plus today and used DK-50 diluted 1:1 for 7.5 minutes at 20C (68F). I don`t usually use a pre-soak, but thought that I would try it due to the feedback about the developer being very rapid. The shadows looked thinner than I get with D-76 diluted 1:1 and the negatives looked a bit under developed.

For the next roll that I expose, I will lower the ISO number by one-third E.V. step and develop for 8.5 to 9 minutes.

I mixed the developer up fresh on Saturday morning and wanted to see how it compared with D-76, as I was thinking of using FP4 Plus sheet-film developed in DK-50. I will probably stick with D-76.