FP4 @ 64 in Rodinal 1+100 time suggestions

spanky

<p>Hi Everyone,</p>

<p>I shot 18 rolls of 120 FP4 last weekend during one of the rare overcast days we have in LA. I usually shoot Pan F+ but felt that the extra stop might be necessary. I used to use FP4 quite a bit about four years ago but never got really good results i.e. dense highlights muddy shadows etc. I recall I finally got a good developing time for iso 125 in Rodinal 1+50. I cannot find very much on what would be a good starting time for iso 64 in Rodinal 1+100. Digital Truth lists a time of 21 minutes, but I recall their times to be little on the long side. If anyone has suggestions, please reply. This will be processed at 68 degrees and printed with a condenser enlarger. Thanks.</p>

<p>Regards,</p>

<p>Marc</p>

<p>Personally, I was happy with FP4+ at EI 64 in ID-11 for around 9-10 minutes, depending on scene contrast. For bright sunshine I used closer to 9 minutes; overcast or shade closer to 10. If the Rodinal doesn't do the trick for you, give ID-11 or D-76 a shot. For really overcast or low contrast conditions try 11 minutes.</p>

<p>A liquid developer who has some characteristics of ID11 is AM74/RHS. You can have nice results with this developer 1+19 and FP4+.<br>

Here is the Dutch datasheet of this nice semicompensating developer:<br>

<a href="http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documentatie/am74_nl.pdf">http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documentatie/am74_nl.pdf</a><br>

6:00 min. in 1+19 and an E.I. of 80 will do fine.</p>

<p>Thanks again for the replies. I'm really pressed for time so I think I'll stick with Rodinal. Since this was a overcast day and I've sinced learned the importance of gentle agitation, I'll give the first roll 20 minutes and tweak as needed for the rest.</p>

<p>Hi again everyone. I just hung up my first roll to dry. All in all not bad looking....sky areas are perhaps a tad too dense but shouldn't be a problem. I'll know for sure when I print tomorrow. I can always cut back a minute or two in development if needed. Thanks again.</p>