Four Thirds or Nine Sevenths?

harold_gough

<blockquote>

<p>As of now I authoritatively state that the FourThirds standard's name is a lie, and it needs to be officially renamed NineSevenths in order to preserve logic, order, truth, and mathematics, lest we slip into a false reality of lies.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Then can we also change ƒ/5.6 to ƒ/5.7, ƒ/22 to ƒ/23, 1/60th to 1/64th, etc.?</p>

Bruce, there are clearly many other venues -- photo threads in various forums, photo of the week, critique requests, philosophy forum, etc. -- for you to enjoy around this place.

Harold, thanks for pointer. For the author of DPR post interchangeably uses an integer (97) and a fraction (9/7) just because they look similar has, however, ruined my amusement that I would have gotten otherwise. Pox on him!

<p>Remember that Olympus has had a long history, since 1959, with the 4:3 aspect ratio in their 35mm half frame cameras. The last of the film Pen's, the EE3 viewfinder cameras ran to 1986, a 27 year run of the 18X24mm format.</p>

<p>As an aside, their E-300 and E-330 bodies even employed the sideways mirror reflex TTL viewing similar to their long discontinued but still popular Pen F series cameras. </p>

<p>Remember that Olympus has had a long history, since 1959, with the 4:3 aspect ratio in their 35mm half frame cameras. The last of the film Pen's, the EE3 viewfinder cameras ran to 1986, a 27 year run of the 18X24mm format.</p>

<p>As an aside, their E-300 and E-330 bodies even employed the sideways mirror reflex TTL viewing similar to their long discontinued but still popular Pen F series cameras. </p>