Found Film: Television

<p>So I bought a mystery roll of exposed 120 film at the dollar table at the PHSNE show in Wakefield, MA yesterday. What showed was shiny black, with no lettering, and I couldn't figure out what film used that color scheme. When I cut the seal to be ready to load it, I realized what was up. It was wound inside-out! That left a risk that it wasn't exposed. But, it was Royal-X, and I was curious how it does with respect to base fog. So I developed it in HC-110(B) for 10 minutes, which is the book time for Royal-X. (That's a <em>long</em> time in HC-110 dilution B!) I also tucked in most of a sheet of 4x5 Plus-X professional that I got in an open box at the dollar table, to see if it was light-struck.)<br>

I wanted to roll it emulsion-in on a Nikor reel, but it wasn't having any of that. So I rolled it emulsion out.<br>

When I pulled it out of the soup, there was one exposure used, a 6x9 shot of a television screen. Base fog is pretty steep, measured at 0.9.<br>

The Plus-X, despite being from the 1970's, looks pretty decent, base fog about 0.35, and that's with double the normal developing time! Thankfully it's not light struck, although at least this sheet (was facing the cardboard) is slightly mottled.<br>

So here's the picture, anyone want to guess who's on the TV?</p>

<div>00aHFn-458521584.jpg.09815403ba4b15a53c766f461b267b5c.jpg</div>