Forum functioning?

aplumpton

<p>Hi, I noticed the only path to the thread on the Haiti earthquake is via the Photo.net search box (type "haiti" and "paris match"). The post then comes up, and refers to the forum Casual conversations (2010-01-18), but it doesn't appear to be in the forum.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>There are at least four threads related to the recent Haiti disaster: the one you noted and two or three others related to auctions to benefit relief agencies. In some cases when a thread has been relocated to a more topically appropriate forum there is a delay of a day or more before the thread list is updated for the forum to which a thread was relocated.</p>

<p>Well, Lex, you have completely confused me, and perhaps others. Jeff's very fine action as a photographer (providing a several thousand dollar gift to a damaged orphanage in Haiti), in his post and the replies from Jan. 18, has completely disappeared from my radar. It is apparently no longer in this forum, nor can it be retrieved by using the Photo.Net search engine ("Haiti" and "Paris Match").</p>

<p>Unless it is somewhere else on Photo.Net, it appears to be a loss of some value; how often do we hear of a photographer doing the right thing, as in this lamentable crisis in a country that saw the first revolt by modern day slaves (I mean, from 1750 to present) ?</p>