For vloggers - the new version of Resolve has been released

Anyone here shoot video? You may find this useful. There's a paid version and a free version:

The free DaVinci Resolve 16.2 includes all of the same high quality processing as DaVinci Resolve 16.2 Studio and can handle unlimited resolution media files. However it does limit project mastering and output to Ultra HD resolutions or lower. DaVinci Resolve 16.2 only supports a single processing GPU on Windows and Linux and 2 GPUs on the latest Mac Pro.

If you need features such as support for multiple GPUs, 4K output, motion blur effects, temporal and spatial noise reduction, de-interlacing, HDR tools, camera tracker, multiple Resolve FX, 3D stereoscopic tools, remote rendering, an external database server and collaboration tools that let multiple users work on the same project at the same time, please upgrade to DaVinci Resolve 16.2 Studio.

Support Center | Blackmagic Design

For almost every video I need to make, I'm very happy with iMovie. ;-) But Resolve is immensely powerful, and I'd argue that the average vlogger or low budget film maker wouldn't need anything other than the free version (although some say that FCP is a better editor). If you have a lot of time to kill, learning Resolve is something to consider.

I once corrected a scan of an improperly developed negative, purely for the experiment, and I was impressed at the way the tools work.

(Moderators: if you think this is not relevant, feel free to delete it).

Surpassing iMovie is not exactly an Olympic challenge. I find a few features in daVinci Resolve useful compared to Premiere Pro, especially color grading controls and audio mixing. However, to make efficient use tools you need the corresponding hardware tools.