For those who are interested : Rollei 35 repair manual available for free

Original Rollei Service factory repair manual, both in German and

English, 42 pages, exploded views, parts nomenclature, everything you

need to service either your : Rollei 35 (both German and Singaporean

models), 35S, 35T. It does not apply to : 35SE, C35/B35, 35LED.

Available as a .pdf file (8.42 MB) or a .zip file (7.96 MB). Just

drop me an e-mail, and I will send it to you. Be aware that it's

quite a large file (check your e-mail software settings regarding

attached files max size).

:)=<div>00Bh7b-22629084.jpg.f460547dc6526be1b9faa32f7ac23522.jpg</div>

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicolas,

I would like to apply for a copy via email.

I have got my little baby one week ago and am waiting for the first role of film(b/w) coming back.

Only drawback,the battery is sucked up within hours ,even with the

photometer opening covered.

Maybe your manual can help

Georg

Georg, was the battery new ?

If it was, it might be a "power leak" because of something unproperly insulated. For example, on the underside of the top cover, there should be a plastic film, as well as a piece of insulating adhesive tape on the right side of the top of the lightmeter unit.

Unless the battery power is consumed by the camera body itself in a global short-circuitry, hence the very brief battery life. Nothing that could not be easily fixed.

This applies to the needles-metered models.

On a 35SE or a 35TE, it's a frequent but different problem, more difficult to fix, and caused by a misadjustment of the gap between the electric contacts that are under the shutter release button. That gap is generally too short, that leads to a lightmeter switched to ON at the least pressure on the shutter release button, even with the camera in its pouch and with the lens retracted, so that the expensive and hard to find PX27 battery life lasts no more than one week.

Nicolas,

thank you for your effort.Both batteries tried had been used ones.

So I will sacrifice a new one to be sure.Otherwise from the pictures of the screw heads the camera looks unopened yet.

hopefully first film will arrive tomorrow.

Other members of the forum are quite sure the optic quality of the Rollei 35 s will be on par with my Kodak Retina IIc.

Good light Georg

The Rollei 35 lens is wonderful and fully comparable with SLR lenses. The Sonnar might be a little better than the Tessar. Mine fully compares with my Nikon AI-S lenses. Sharpness and homogeneity from the center to the edges, nice color rendition, controlled contrast. Good luck with yours.<div>00BhGK-22633084.jpg.6fc78c7c542fafdfa64372257e07562b.jpg</div>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Nicolas,

I really appreciate that you freely distribute the much needed repair manual of the ever popular rollei 35! If possible, I would really like to request for the English repair manual for the Rollei 35 (Tessar lens) to be sent to my email address elvincbsATgmailDOTcom.

I just received a Rollei 35 (made in S'pore) and I am not able to consistently adjust the aperture on the camera (sticky aperture?). I can usually open up the aperture (adjust toward f3.5), but definitely cannot make the aperture smaller on demand (adjust toward f22)! Any advice that you can give me will be much appreciated. Your repair manual will definitely help me venture into repairing this beautiful camera!

best regards,

Elvin

• 2 weeks later...