For the Aviation Fans

<p>I took along a film camera to the preliminary day of our local air show, knowing that I'd be busy with digital cameras when the show really got under way. I captured a few worthwhile images, and thought I'd share a few with the forum. I chose to take a Yashica TL Electro, a 50mm Auto-Yashinon DX F/1.4, and a Tamron 28mm f/2.5.</p><div>00d6fd-554623884.jpg.97bf1c46b60bcdbeef59659b26a4daea.jpg</div>

<p>The TL Electro is a good, solid camera and one I enjoy using, though I prefer the "Centre the Pointer" metering of the earlier TL's to the illuminated "arrow up/ arrow down" display of the Electro. I hadn't used this particular example before, and it performed without a hitch. The Yashinon DX lenses have been much discussed on this forum, and the 50mm f/1.4 remains one of my perennial favourites, with superb build quality and performance. The little 28mm Tamron Adaptall II f/2.5, while being an odd-looking lens, is no slug and I use it frequently. Here are some samples for the aviation fans; film was Fuji Superia 200, scans from the Fuji Frontier.</p><div>00d6fe-554623984.jpg.65133ac1920bd057b5a9934d8a7a155b.jpg</div>

<p>Wow.</p>

<p>These are not the warbirds we see here in the USA, except of course, for the P-51. At a local airshow, a short flight in the Commemorative Air Force P-51 was something like US$2000. I was glad it wasn't on my bucket list.<br>

I did have a 1966 Mustang, back in another life. Nowadays I just like any old machinery, cars, planes, tanks, cameras (not necessarily exclusive).<br>

Thanks.</p>

<p>My dream camera when i was a teenager before I discovered Nikon was the TL Electro X. Never got one, but years later but a TL Electro for my girlfriend when she wanted to join my photography obsession. Great picture taker.<br /><br />When I was in high school, a group of pilots from the Washington-Baltimore area used to hold an antique aircraft festival every spring at an old du Pont family estate in Maryland that had a restored grass strip from the 1930s and hangar that made a perfect setting. One of my teachers got some kids to help out and I spend many seasons there flying in every open cockpit plane you could think of. Got to photograph them on the ground, ground-to-air in fllight and even air-to-air. Never got my license but I've had a number of pilot friends over the years and love small aircraft.</p>

<p>Well, the title had me hooked! Something about EnZed and classic aircraft, you really do it well...must get over some time. Your Yashica has really done the job, and like you I'm quite taken by the TL...and why wouldn't I...it carries my initials:)<br>

Like me they are basic and simple, but everything is present to do the job. Funnily enough I was just cleaning up my TL and TL Electro-X, but unfortunately the later is not well. When you cock the shutter it fires all by itself...strange.<br>

If you have more pics, by all means post them...we all love our classic planes as well. I particularly like the DH Drangonfly, or one that looks like it in your post, a really classy looking aircraft.</p>