For Sale: Nikon F2Photomic (DP-1 Meter Prism Non-Working)

I have a Nikon F2 Photomic for sale that needs repairs.

The camera body's film back is often hard to snap shut, and the film rewind button on the base doesn't stay depressed, so you need to hold it in while rewinding film. The camera itself is in close to excellent condition looks-wise. There are several small to hard-to-see dings in the bottom plate. The camera comes with a black Nikon camera strap and generic soft shutter release.

The DP-1 meter prism is in excellent condition appearance-wise, but it doesn't meter. The battery check works properly, however.

Is it permissible to ask for best offers here? or do I need to set a price? I can't find any guidelines here for ad content.

For now, I'm open for offers. Best reasonable offer by May 1st gets it.

Please contact me at ( kisatchie50 at gmail dot com ) if you are interested. I can't find any indications how private messages work here, so I doubt if I would notice any sent to me.

I ship via insured priority mail, so please add $10 to the buying price. Sorry, but I can sell/ship ONLY to US addresses.

Thanks for looking.

Hi Rick,

SOLD! Your offer was more than I was hoping for, and I don't want to take advantage of you, so make it $75 plus $10 insured priority mail = $85 total.

If that's agreeable to you, you can send payment to

VINCENT PERI

P.O. BOX 293

ST. JOSEPH, LA 71366

I accept personal checks and money orders. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

It arrived today in good shape, It's actually better than expected. All the shutter speeds seem to work though the slow speeds are a little off for 1/4 and 1/8 but I don't use those often myself. The meter needle does move back and forth when pointed at a light but I haven't yet put a lens on it to check it all out. So far so good, very happy att his point. Thanks!!

Rick H.

FWIW, I've revived a few DP-1s by removing the front plate(two screws), drizzling in some carbon tet, and working both the coupling prong and shutter speed dial back and forth a bunch. I've had good luck with both "jumpy" needles and meters that are more or less dead or way off. I've also done some F prisms that way.

Granted carbon tet's not a great idea as it's highly toxic and probably hard to find these days. I do all of this at work in a fume hood. Some tuner cleaner would probably work.

Ultimately the more or less permanent fix is probably to disassemble and clean the ring resistors and wipers. It's not a TERRIBLE on a DP-1, but still is a bit tedious.