Football League Presentation

dena_rogers1

<p>I have been asked to present to a football league to be the official photographer for this particular league. The league is going to be looking at a few other photogs besides myself. I have been trying to find some information about offering a raffle for the league to earn money instead of or in addition to me giving back a percentage of my sales. I am thinking about raffling off an iPad but trying to figure out how to do it so the league has to go through me (since I am providing the iPad) and that the players/parents can only buy (or sell more tickets) a ticket once they have had their team/individual photos taken through me. Originally I was thinking I could take $1-$2 dollars from each ticket sale up to a certain amount to purchase the iPad and then give the remainder to the league. Has anyone done anything like this?<br>

Would love to hear some thoughts and ideas on this subject or how someone else might have presented to a league and what worked. This would be the first time I have presented to a league and of course would love to be able to get it!<br>

Thanks for any suggestions!</p>

<p>I am not a lawyer but I'm pretty certain that this is illegal. If you want to donate an iPad that is raffled off, that is one thing. But I'm pretty sure that you cannot take a cut to cover the cost of the iPad. Nor can you force someone to purchase something to participate in a raffle.</p>

<p>And even if it was legal, why would the league need you do this? </p>