Focusing screen dropping

michael_weiner2

<p>I replaced the focusing screen in my (new to me) FM2n, and after each picture, the bracket holding the screen drops down, and I have to push it back up. I think I've got it up good, and then it drops again. Do i need to fiddle with the little lock thing, or is it possible something else is up (screen not correct? focuses okay when the bracket is up).<br>

thanks</p>

<p>You should hear a click (however faint) when you push the screen frame back up. If you don't, it's not locking in place properly. There are 4 spring clips/tabs inside the frame on the corners that seat the focusing screen up against the bottom of the prism, so even if the frame does not lock in place the screen can still be properly positioned and give accurate focus.</p>

<p>You may not have positioned the new screen properly on top of the spring clips, which is preventing the frame from locking in place. Drop the frame, pull out the screen, look at the 4 corners of the frame, and you will see what I mean. Reposition the screen all the way to the back on the rear clips, and when you push the frame back up it should click easily into place.</p>

<p>Easier to do than to describe in written form. :-)</p>