''focus error''

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I just attended a wedding where I was taking shots...camera around my neck. All of the sudden I got "focus error" and have done everything I can think of to correct this problem. I've been reading on-line and it sounds like this is a typical and rather common problem with MANY makes and models. Since there are no solutions posted, it points directly to problems with the manufacturing. I will watch this post for other responses....I'm curious. I have not fixed my 'focus error' problem either.

Cynthia Tyler

The two anti-tamper screws on the Fuji Finepix F30 need a Tri-Wing screwdriver ($2) to undo them - from there disassembly is straight forward - my camera was full of sand - I could clean it from the outside

gearing of the lens barrel (the gears were jammed with sand and grit) - but there are two springs holding the CCD PCB to the lens barrel - I could see more sand inside the lens itself but couldn't figure out how to detach the springs.... so ... I put the camera back together and sadly still get "Focus Error" - sand inside the lens tube I think, jamming the

mechanism. Bought a replacement F31fd from www.fujifilm.co.uk / /Shop / Refurbished - now I've the TriWing screwdriver I'll used the F30 for spares. Oh yes - the anti-tamper screws are there as camera flash

capacitors have enough energy to electrocute & kill... my camera had bee nswitched off for a few days before I took it to bits, so I thought / hoped the capacitor had discharged.