FM-10 equip. Q

alex_fin

I am looking in to buying an FM-10.

I have used a Konica AutoreflexTC for 8 years.

I was wondering if the the shutter would remain open and mirror

lockup at "B" With no batteries.

Also, is it possible to adapt Albinar Lenses for cannon AL-1 to Nikon

Fm-10?

Thx ahead of time,

Al.

There may be an adapter for your lenses but I don't know of any offhand and Jonathan may be right. The FM10 is a cheaply made little camera (made by cosina) and I don't really feel it's worth what it charged for it. You might want to consider a used manual Nikon of actual Nikon build.

Carl is perhaps too harsh on the FM-10. I have one which I got as a "beater" when I didn't want to risk my FM and FE-2. It turns out to be an excellent and very lightweight camera, and I usually carry it now as my normal haul-around Nikon and as my primary backup for serious work.

The zoom lens which comes with it is marginal. Your best bet is to get a used body and buy a good prime lens with it. You should be able to find a used body for under US$150.

I have used a Konica AutoreflexTC for the past 8 years. If I can get pictures 1/4 the quality taken with the Konica on the Nikon, I will be content until I can purchase lenses for the Nikon.

I would just buy new lenses for the Konica, except konica doesn't make SLRs anymore.

I'm curious about what you would consider "serious."

It would be too bad if i could not get an adapter for the Albinar lenses, because I inherited a 80-120mm f/3.9 zoom, an f/1.4 50mm, and a 28mm f/2.8 wide angle. The telephoto and wide angle have macro capability.

I have a feeling that I won't be able to, simply because that is my luck. (If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.) The main problem that I see is that the Cannon's diaphragm is triggered clockwise, while the nikon is triggered counter-clockwise. (I think I have that right.)

The lens on my Konica is a 50mm f/1.7.

Better lenses: Tamron or Vivitar?