Floating windows in PS CC 2019

When I use a new adjustement layer " curves" for exemple, the window curves opens, yes, but on top of my photo and covers part of it.

It sticks there and impossible to move it away (floating window) so that I can't see what I am modifying on the picture.

Something wrong with my interface but can't find what. Thank you for your help.

What you describe is standard Photoshop so I don't think there's anything wrong with your interface.

You should be able to click once on on the top of the floating window and - keeping the right mouse key depressed - move the window to wherever you want. Into to the right-hand 'panel' if you prefer. Whenever you open a new 'functions' window, it will open where you last put it. For example in the right-hand panel.

Hope this helps,

Mike

• Like 1

Windows or Apple?

The time-honored cure is to reboot the computer, preferably with a complete power down.

In Windows, it is fairly common to cause conflicting DLL (dynamic libraries) when new software is loaded. One solution is to re-install Photoshop.

The mouse is probably USB driven. Too many USB devices, or a poor USB connection can make the mouse respond erratically. Check and remake the main connection, and try disconnectin and reconnecting the mouse. (happens to me from time to time, using an iMac. In Windows, with the phase of the moon)

Make sure your mouse options are set properly. It is easy to accidentally enable "access" features (handicap aids), which latch or step on normal operations.

Windows.

After 3 days of researching I discover this early morning that I had to press the ALT button while pointing the window and then removing it. Since then, no need to press the ALT button, the mouse itself is enough now to move those pop up windows.

Thank you for your time.