Flickr problems

Discussion in 'Casual Photo Conversations' started by wayne melia, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Lately (4- 5 days?) Flickr does not display properly for me. Screen shot shown.
    I'm using IE11 on Windows 8.1, all current updates
    Anybody have a a clue what browser settings on my part would cause this? Anybody else having the issue?
    Thanks in advance
    [​IMG]

2. Spearhead

Spearhead Moderator

Have you tried the flickr support forum? flickr staff monitor it.

3. Jeff; I'm not a registered user of flickr (yet), so suspect the forum would not be open to me. And there's a catch 22 of not being able to join if site won't render so I can find my way to the forum.... But Thank You for the quick answer. I have searched (general web search via Duck, duck. go) for +IE11 +flickr, and some variations, but no joy.

4. Wayne, what you see is flickr loading without the style sheets - I had the same issue a day or two ago. In my case, it was just firefox acting up - flickr loaded correctly in Chrome and after a firefox restart the site loaded fine too.
    I suggest you clear the browser cache and try again. And/or try a different browser. If you are running some browser extensions that block ads - disable them and see if that clears up the issue.

5. Clear your browser cache and flush the dns cache. (ipconfig /flushdns).

6. Thanks Dieter and Les. I have cleared the cache -browser history and temporary internet files in IE tools, and ccleaner. also ccleaner is set to clean dns cache. I cleared browser history and temporary internet files in IE tools, shut down IE, run ccleaner (including dns cache), and restarted the computer - all to no avail. Not using problem extensions. Don't have another browser, but getting one would be just sidestepping the problem (I think).
    I'm sure it's my fault in some setting, or a lot of other people would be having issues. There's so many items when security and advanced settings are both included. I don't know where to look if I F12 into developer tools. If I know it's a case of style sheets not loading, maybe I can stumble on to a solution.

7. Flickr has had so many bugs and "bad pandas" month upon month that you really don't know if it's you or them. The Flickr Help Forum is manned by Yahoo/Flickr attack dogs so they'll make it seem like you're a total fool for having a problem while they defend their badly designed website tooth and nail.

8. Spearhead

Spearhead Moderator

I've seen flickr support solve lots of problems. Unless someone can document their statement about "attack dogs" and all that, just sign up and use the support forum.

9. It's OK again. Nothing I did. The matrix works in mysterious ways.