Flexcolor 4.0.3 I'm tearing my hair out!

<p>I went to scan a couple of transparencies earlier today with my Imacon Precision III. I haven't used the scanner for a while, but all was well until I came to scan to 3f file. The preview was fine, but when I clicked on scan to 3f, nothing happened, other than the 3f box appearing at the foot of the screen. This has happened to me before, and was fixed easily by uninstalling the Flexcolor software, and then reinstalling it. No such luck this time, and after 8 or 9 attempts and a severely frayed temper, i've given up. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful. Stu.</p>

<p>Did you try a regular scan not to the 3f format? Just wondering if the scanner is working on any level--will give you somewhere to go.</p>

<p>I have never had this problem with either my PII or my 848, so I think you need to just see if anything is working and start from there.</p>

<p>Thanks for the reply John. If I try the regular scan, a box comes up for me to save into my (what I call target scan folder). The scanner then does a quick scan of 5 seconds or so, and that's it! I'm just so annoyed, as reinstalling the flexcolor sorted it last time round.</p>

<p>years ago (8 or so to be exact) when i had that problem it was because the wire / driver where not up to date after a system upgrade... maybe you could try using a newer software with your scanner like Phocus i think? the newest version of the Flexscan scanner and Blad back.</p>

<p>Let us know if it work.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Phocus doesn't work with the scanners, but yes, check for updates. Is the PIII SCSI or Firewire? I don't know the last update, but there are versions that won't work with a SCSI scanner, so be sure you have the right one.</p>

<p>If the version of Flexcolor isn't an issue, write Hasselblad, I have always found them pretty responsive--write William if you can, nice guy and very helpful.</p>

<p>Thanks again John and Patrick. It's a SCSI connection that I have, and it's always worked fine. Like I said, this happened once before, and a reinstall of the Flexcolor software did the trick, but not this time. I've checked for updates, and e-mailed Hasselblad today, and await their response.</p>